Guiding You Through Probate And Estate Administration
Many people have their first ever contact with the court system during the process of estate administration. It can be daunting to face the prospect of administering an estate, and fulfilling all the related legal requirements, while you are grieving the loss of a loved one.
The law firm of Sjoberg & Tebelius, P.A., has extensive experience guiding people through the probate process. Established in 1982, Sjoberg & Tebelius, P.A., offers clients the experience and resources necessary to complete probate efficiently and expeditiously.
Located in Woodbury, Minnesota, the law firm represents clients throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin.
Understanding The Probate Process
Probate is the legal procedure of wrapping up the estate of someone who has died. Whether your loved one had a will or died intestate, without a will, the estate will need to be probated.
Sjoberg & Tebelius, P.A., has a dedicated team of attorneys to help you understand the probate process and guide you through all the necessary steps of probating an estate. This may include:
- Evaluating the estate plan, if one existed
- Filing the will and proving its validity
- Identifying beneficiaries
- Taking a thorough inventory of the estate and appraising the value of assets
- Paying debts owed by the estate
- Collecting money owed to the estate
- Paying estate taxes, if necessary
- Distributing assets to beneficiaries in accordance with the will and/or state law
If you have been named as an executor or administrator to an estate, it is very important that you contact an experienced probate attorney such as those at Sjoberg & Tebelius, P.A. Without sufficient legal counsel, it is very easy to make costly mistakes during probate that draw out the process and make it difficult to administer the estate properly.