- Family Law
- Personal Injury
- Minnesota, 1981
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1987
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2008
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Certified No-Fault Arbitrator with the American Arbitration Association
- Certified Financial and Social Early Neutral Evaluator Washington County Roster of SENE Rule 114 Qualified Neutral
David K. Meier
Civil litigation can often be fraught with frustration and extreme challenges, but David K. Meier works diligently to provide steady counsel and clear direction. He strives to keep the big picture in sight and nothing satisfies him more than to see his clients evolve and learn to thrive during the litigation process.
David focuses his practice in family law, an area that became of great interest once he observed the direct and positive impact his efforts had on his clients' personal lives. David joined Sjoberg & Tebelius in 2003, after working in his own solo civil litigation practice for twenty years.
David is a zealous and tenacious advocate for his clients, while still being known as honest and respectful. He is known among his colleagues for his thoughtful analysis of cases, and his strong representation in court and at the mediation table. He wants his clients to leave the process feeling pleased that he was on their side. He appreciates the strong commitment to ethics and professionalism at Sjoberg & Tebelius, and is glad to belong to a group of lawyers held in such high esteem.
He is equally committed to his many volunteer obligations. He's very involved within his church and its parochial school. In addition to golfing, he says working part time as a seat vendor for the Minnesota Twins and Vikings helps him stay active. David and his wife enjoy traveling and spending time with their six grandchildren.
- William Mitchell College of Law, St Paul, Minnesota
- Bemidji State University, Bemidji, Minnesota
- B.S. - 1978
- Major: Education
- Adoptions, 1990 to Present
- Associate Attorney
- Meier Law Office, Owner, 1982 to 2002